Peter B. Sørensen
Department of Environmental Cheimstry
National Research Institute
Fredriksborgsvej 399, Post box 358
Phone: +45 4630 1817
Fax: +45 4630 1114
Email: [email protected]
Employed as senior researcher at the Department of Environmental Cheimstry at the National Research Institute since 1997. Was employed as researcher at the Department of System Analysis at the National Research Institute during one year (1996). In two years employed as research assistant at Aalborg University, Department of Environmental Engineering and before that posdoc during one year at University of Houston, Department of Chemical Engineering. Was research assistant at Aalborg University, Department of Environmental Engineering during half a year. The PhD project was finished in 1992 and initiated in 1989 just after graduation as engineer in environmental science.
Environmental modelling having focus on decision support and priority setting. Use of limited knowledge to make predictions as good as possible. Handling of uncertainty in environmental modelling.
6 most relevant publications:
12) Skop, E. and Sørensen, P.B., (1998), “GIS-based modelling of solute fluxes at the catchment scale: a case study of the agricultural contribution to the riverine nitrogen loading in the Vejle Fjord catchment, Denmark”, Ecological Modelling, Vol. 106, pp. 291-310.
13) Sørensen, P.B., Mogensen B.B., Carlsen, L. C., Thomsen M., (1998) “The role of uncertainty in Hasse diagram ranking”, Workshop on Order Theoretical Tools in Environmental Sciences, part of a GSF report, ed. Dr. Rainer Brüggemann, Germany.
15) Sørensen, P.B., Mogensen B.B., Carlsen, L. C., Thomsen M., (2000), “The influence on partial order ranking from input parameter uncertainty. Definition of a robustness parameter”, Chemophere, Vol 41, pp. 595-601.
16) Sorensen, P. B., Brüggemann R., Carlsen L., Mogensen, B. B., Kreuger, J. and Pudenz, S., (2000) “Analysis of monitoring data of pesticide residues in surface waters using partial order ranking theory - Data interpretation and model development”, (submitted to Environmental Science and Technology ).
21) Sørensen, L. Carlsen and B. B. Mogensen, (2000), Uncertainty in partial order ranking, Proceedings of the Second Workshop October 21st, 1999 in Roskilde, Denmark. National Enviromental Research Institute, Roskilde, Denmark. NERI Technical Report No. 318, pp. 45-52.
23) Dobel, S., B. B: Mogensen and P. Sørensen, Validation of ranking model in raleation to Danish monitoring data. Proceedings of the Second Workshop October 21st, 1999 in Roskilde, Denmark. National Enviromental Research Institute, Roskilde, Denmark. NERI Technical Report No. 318, pp. 145-162.