Dept. of Atmospheric Environment
National Environment Research Institute
Phone: +45 46301162
Fax: +45 46301214
E-mail: [email protected]
Since August 1993 employed as Senior Scientist at the Department of Atmospheric Environment. Previously employed 1½ year as Assistant Professor as Odense University. Ph.D. (in 1992) and M.Sc. (1988) work was carried out at Joint Research Centre of the Commission of the European Communities. Danish principal Investigator in EUROTRAC II, subprograms: Tropospheric Ozone Research (TOR) and Mercury and Persistent Organic Pollutants (MEPOP).
Present research activities are on the fractionation and fluxes of atmospheric mercury, which aim on describing the fate of mercury from emission to the atmosphere at mid latitudes, transport and chemical transformation until it is finally deposited in the Arctic.
5 most recent publications:
22. H. Skov, C.S. Christensen, F. Fenger, M. Essenbæk, D. Larsen and L. Sørensen. (2000) “Exposure to indoor air pollution in a reconstructed house from the Danish Iron Age”. Atmospheric Environment. vol. 34/22, pp 3801-3804.
23. V. Cocheo, P. Sacco, C. Boaretto, E. De Saeger, P.P. Ballesta, H. Skov, E. Goelen, N. Gonzalez and A.B. Caracena (2000) “Urban benzene pollution and population exposure”. Nature, vol. 404, pp 141-142.
24. O. Hertel, F. Palmgren, T. Ellermann, H. Skov, K. Kemp, M.F. Hovmand & J. Brandt (2000 ): Air Quality in Denmark . - Chemistry International 22 :(5 ) 133-135.
25. A. Feilberg, M. Poulsen, T. Nielsen and H. Skov (2001) “Occurrence and Sources of Particulate nitro-polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient air”. Atm. Env. vol 35, pp 353-366.
29. H. Skov, A.B. Hansen, G. Lorenzen, H.V. Andersen, P. Løfstrøm and C.S. Christensen. (2001) “Benzene exposure and the effect of traffic pollution in Copenhagen, Denmark”. Atm. Env. vol. 35(14), pp 2463-71.